Friday, September 19, 2008
10:13 AM Y
Yesterday night, my bf and I took a step of faith and jointly, we bought some shares at a price we deemed to be (greatly!) undervalued. & when we woke up this morning to check the stock market, this share that we bought rose from 2.20 to 2.69! Muahaha~ Totally unbelievable but true! The stock market now is driven by sentiments and emotions, there's totally no logic to it at all! This is our first joint investment using our joint account and we strongly believe in the potential of this company so we decided to hold it for the long term : ) we're not selling just yet.
Opportunity is always present in the midst of crisis and while the whole world is focusing on the crisis, some took the opportunity! : )
This is our first share purchase and we're very excited about our little investment! muahaha~ I always believe in making your money work for you! & there's why I'm doing what I'm doing & I'm very proud of what I do : )
I'm constantly learning, everyday. Investments, properties, unit trusts, shares and whats-not. & it comes to a point where you start to do investments yourself. I have some unit trust portfolios and just yesterday, I have started my first (but definitely not the last) investment in shares. In the medium to long term, I wanna be able to go into property investment. These are not just empty talks, I have plans in place to help me achieve my goal.
Investments aside, I also believe in being adequately covered. After I became a financial services consultant at AIA, I got my whole family insured and covered under AIA. Peace of mind above anything else.
I stand by my company even at this moment in time : ) cos' there's no other place I rather be, other than in AIA. The way you react in adversity is what defines you, not adversity itself.
I wanna be able to look back 10 years later and say, "I was there and I stood strong." : ) This is definitely a good learning experience for me! Fresh out from school and for someone who knows nothing about the world, this is really an eye-opener for me!
Bintan in 2 days! Totally excited about our trip! Whee~
To digress, I have been driving my bf's car for the past week and I'm lovin' it! Vroommmm~ I really love to be behind the wheel and my bf was very patient (and fearful at the same time!) in guiding me and giving me directions! He is my human GPS!
Life has been super-fantastic for me! : )
Opportunity from crisis. Crisis as opportunity..