Friday, March 09, 2007
10:41 PM Y
Of Interviews, donuts and great company!
Let's just say that today's MAS interview is a TOTAL disaster la. Braving the interview alone with 3 non-smiling ladies is not at all fun. And just to add on, for the entire interview, they were practically GLARING at you, this is no joke man. This is what I call STRESS INTERVIEW and I am the lamb waiting to be slaughtered. They literally KILLED meee with their interview questions (and their stern and no joke face!).
Asking me questions about the types of government (financial) policies can I improve on, what are my opinions on the governments' policies, whether I agree or do not agree with the policies and more about policies, government and investments. Oh my tian! I think they meant the monetary and fiscal policies in place, but then again I don't think I did a good job in attempting all the (difficult) questions.
Looking at the working environment (and more importantly, the people) I don't think I wanna work in such a rigid and "overly-challenging" workplace, where everyone means business. STRESS is the word.
After the nerve wrecking stress interview, I thought I should reward myself with some yummylicious and mouth watering DONUTS! WheEEe! And to my utter AMAZEMENT, I actually queued 2.5 hours for 18 donuts. YES, 2.5 HOURS FOR 18 DONUTS! The queue was moving at snail's pace (even a snail might be faster) and at some point in time, I was tempted to leave the queue and forget about my donuts. Well, let's treat this as a test of one's patience and eventually I SURVIVED! At the end of the day, I had a dozen donuts and 6 for my dear friend Lynda! heh. Happy happy. But I just wasted about 2 hours of my life queuing for DONUTS! heh. I think it is hilarious because the onlookers were so impressed with (us!) the long queue and when they saw that we are actually queuing for DONUTS, you should see the unbelievable look on their face! Priceless. heh.
So much about donuts, I am munching on one DOUBLE CHOCOLATE donut right now and the filling just keeps oozing out, heavenly indulgence. donuts make people happy : )
Just to digress a lil, I'm one of the six nbs students selected for an overseas attachment but I rejected this golden opportunity due to various concerns and uncertainty. Yeah all is not lost, I'm pretty sure there is a better plan for me : )
Went kfc-ing with Lynda & Kurt and ate until my skirt almost BURST. heh. It's always nice to be in the company of nice friends and no matter what you do (or eat), there's always this warm fuzzy feeling inside of you.
Alright, I am going back to my donuts now! *drools
Good night friends.